Sheridan First United Methodist Church invites all people to follow Jesus Christ, to know the Father through Jesus, and to be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit. We affirm the ancient faith of the Christian church passed down through the centuries.
We affirm as well the following beliefs and practices:
- We worship God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all people are in need of salvation and that all can be saved by the grace of God.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit works in us to give us the power to overcome sin and grow in holiness as we seek to follow Jesus.
- We baptize babies, children, and adults. We recognize as valid baptisms performed by any Christian church in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We celebrate Holy Communion and welcome anyone to the table who comes in faith and sincerity.
- We believe that the Bible contains all things necessary for our salvation and is the ultimate and final authority in all matters of belief and practice.